Effective Date: April 7, 2022
Kane & Company and its afﬁliate companies (collectively, "KANE" "Our" "We" and "Us") care deeply about Our customers ("You" or "Your"), including Your concerns over the protection and use of Your Personal Information and purchasing data (together" Data").
Set forth below is Kane's Privacy Notice (hereafter "Policy") that applies to the speciﬁc Data collected and used by Kane (and certain third-party partners). This Policy describes the types of Data We collect, how We collect it, how We use it, retain it, and who We share it with. By visiting Kaneco.com and other Kane-affiliated websites (collectively "Sites”) or sharing with Us information as described above, You agree to the terms described in this Policy. If You do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use any of Our Sites or provide Us with Your Data. Alternatively, You may at any time opt-out of certain Data collection as detailed below.
Please note that Our Sites may contain links to other third-party websites. Our Policy does not apply to the practices of other websites, and Kane is not responsible for the actions, content, and privacy policies of third parties. We encourage You to read the privacy policies of each website that You visit.
If You have questions about this Policy, You may contact Us.
How do we collect data?
Kane collects Data from You or Your authorized representative through the following:
(a) Our Sites or social media channels, (b) via telephone, email, or text message; (c) Our events, whether delivered online or in person; or (d) by signing up to receive the Kane Newsletter. We may also collect Data from Our service providers and other third parties with Your consent.
What types of data do We collect?
Kane may collect and disclose the following information:
- Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Any personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal Law such as age, gender, etc.;
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Biometric Information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer's interaction with an internet website application or advertisement;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- professional and employment-related information,
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99);
- Inferences drawn from other information.
- Sensitive Personal Information
Signing Up as Member on Kane Sites.
If You sign up as a Kaneco.com (or other related Site) member, and You expressly opt-in to receive personalized communications by email or text message, We will use Your personal information to create a user proﬁle. In this context, We may combine the information You give Us online with other Information from Kane sources, transactions and communications collected or processed by Kane or its third-party partners. This may include Data from the Kane Sites, or Kane licensee afﬁliate sites. Once You become a Kane.com member, the personal information actively submitted by You will be registered in the central Kane database in the United States. If You publicly post about Kane, or communicate directly with Kane, on a social media website, We may collect and process the Data contained in such posts or in Your public proﬁle for the purpose of addressing any customer services requests You may have and to monitor public information about Kane.
How to manage cookies?
Types of Cookies Used By Kane:
- Session cookies
These cookies are temporary and expire once You leave the Site. Examples of Session cookies' functions are to identify a speciﬁc language/locale, initially based on geography, but then by user choice, and to enable You to browse Our Sites and use Our features (e.g., add items to Shopping Cart).
2. Permanent cookies
These cookies may stay on Your computer after an individual Site session has ended and may hold such data as login details, contact information and account numbers so that You do not have to re-type them every time You visit Our Sites.
3. First-party cookies
These are cookies issued by Our Site. They serve to give memory to the website about Your data and preferences.
4. Third-party cookies
There are several third-party cookies that get loaded when using Our Sites. Cookies from Twitter, Google, Adroll and Facebook are the primary cookies that load. Other third-party cookies may include other advertising tracking and interest-based advertising, and web analytics cookies.
Why do We collect, and how do We use the data?
We collect Data to achieve Our objectives of bringing the best products and user experience to Our customers. This includes collecting data for the following purposes:
- to aid in the fulﬁllment and execution of Your purchases;
- to address customer questions and improve overall customer service;
- to send You updates and Information on Kane's products and related Information about Our Company;
- to improve the performance of Our Sites, including making them more user-friendly and personalized by delivering the type of content and product offering in which You may be most interested in;
- to run a promotion, contest, or survey;
- to help detect and protect against consumer fraud and abuse;
- to enable our third-party partners to carry out necessary technical and logistical functions and tasks on Our behalf.
- if applicable, to respond to any government or regulatory request, such as in response to a court order, when required by law, or to protect Our or others' rights, property and/or safety; to prevent the commission of any crime, or violation of Our terms and conditions;
- to defend against third-party claims.
- to assist in the effectiveness of direct mailing campaigns to Kane's customers.
If You have opted to be on Our mailing list, You will receive emails, or other forms of electronic communications, that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time You wish to unsubscribe from receiving such communications in the future, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Sharing Data with Third Parties.
For the purpose of operating Our business, third-parties (e.g. credit card companies, shipping companies, customer service providers) may process Your Data. We have procedures in place to ensure that these third-party companies respect Your privacy. We also may share or trade encrypted Data to speciﬁc third-parties who process such Data to better service our customers.
The Data that We collect, including information about any purchase orders and purchase history, may be used to make Our future marketing efforts more efﬁcient. This Data may also be shared with Our third-party partners who assist Us with Our marketing and advertising efforts and with other marketers whose products or services We feel may be of interest to You. You have the right to request that We cease contacting you for marketing purposes. If you prefer that We do not share your Data with other marketers, please contact Us.
We do not sell personal information to third-parties.
Notice to California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents may have the right to request through a verifiable consumer request, that a business disclose certain information. Once We receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, We may disclose:
- The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
A California resident has the right to request through a verifiable consumer request that We delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. If the information maintained about you falls into one or more exceptions, We may not be able to delete the information.
A California resident has the right to request through a verifiable consumer request that We correct inaccurate personal information, subject to certain exceptions and the nature of the personal information.
A California resident has the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights under the CCPA.
To send us a verifiable consumer request for Information, California residents should include their full name, address, date of birth, account number if applicable, and any other information in order to make a verifiable request by contacting us or by calling (424) 256-5263.
A California resident can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA by sending us a notarized power of attorney. You must verify your identity and provide authorization to speak with your authorized agent. You must describe your request with sufficient detail to enable us to respond to your request.
Notice to European Union Citizens -
Kane would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Users are entitled to the following:
- The Right to access – You have the right to request from Us, copies of your personal Data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The Right to rectification – You have the right to request that We correct information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that We complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to erasure – You have the right to request that We erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that We restrict the processing of your personal Data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to data portability – You have the right to request that We transfer the Data We have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, We have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. If You have questions about this Policy, You may contact our Data Protection Ofﬁcer, using the contact information at the bottom of this Policy. Should you wish to report a complaint or feel that We have not addressed Your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Notice to Canadian Citizens
You can, at any time, contact us to review, correct, update or otherwise modify the personal information We have for you. In each such case, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or clearly indicate that you wish to have your personal information removed from our database. If you successfully demonstrate that the personal information We have for you is inaccurate or incomplete, We will amend our records of your personal information as required. If You wish to make a request, please contact Us.
Note that despite any request for a change to or removal of your personal information, We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
We may make commercially reasonable efforts to transmit any amended information to third parties having access to your personal information, where necessary in the circumstances.
Retention, Security and Transfer of Data -
Retention of Data
Kane retains your Personal Data for as long as You have an open and active account proﬁle with Us or as needed to provide You the services You requested. We will also retain and use Your Data to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will also retain the minimum amount of Your Data necessary to maintain a record of Your opt-out, or withdrawal from opt-in, if You choose to opt-out of Our communications.
Security of Data
We maintain safeguards designed to protect Personal Data You provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Our Site is also in compliance with Payment Card Industry vulnerability standards in order to create as secure an environment as possible for Our customers. Please remember, however, that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and We cannot guarantee its absolute security. If We learn of a breach of the Data that may impact You, We will alert You to this fact as expeditiously as possible.
Transfer of Data
We may transfer Data We collect from other countries to the United States and/or other countries in which the Data was originally collected. While those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which the Data was originally collected, when We transfer Data to other countries We will seek to protect that Data as described in this Policy.
Access to your data and your right to opt-out.
Access and Corrections to Your Data
We believe it is important to provide consumers with clear information about the Data available in Our databases. You may request that We disclose, correct, or delete the information We obtain about You by contacting Us.
We maintain contact lists to communicate electronically or otherwise with Our customers and those who visit Our Sites. Individuals must afﬁrmatively ask to join one or more of Our contact lists by registering on Our Sites or through other means. All messages sent using these lists include an opportunity to unsubscribe or opt-out of future messages. You may also request to be removed from future messages by contacting Us.
You can learn more about how to opt-out of the use of information for relevant advertising on Your mobile application device, such as Apple iOS, by visiting this page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
"Do Not Track" Feature on Web Browsers.
Some browsers may have a "do not track" feature that may allow You to tell websites that You do not want to have Your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform. Please refer to Your browser’s documentation for more information. Kane does not respond to do not track signals.
Sensitive Info / Use of Our Sites by Children.
Do Not Provide Us With Sensitive Info
We ask that You not send or disclose any sensitive personal information (e.g., Information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) to Us through Our Sites or otherwise.
In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, We will not knowingly collect any Data from children under the age of 13, and Our Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If You are under 13, please have Your parents enter their Data when personal information is required.
Changes to Policy
This Policy may be updated and/or revised from time-to-time in Kane's sole discretion and without prior notice. Any signiﬁcant changes to this Policy – speciﬁcally to Our collection and/or Use of Data – will be prominently noticed to the public on our Sites, or through other appropriate means. We also encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes, and to stay informed about how We are helping to protect the Data We collect.
Questions about the Policy?
If You have any questions about this Policy or wish to request more Information on Kane's data privacy practices, please contact Us.
Kane & Company
2035 Westwood Blvd. Ste 108
Los Angeles, CA 90025
April 7, 2022
© 2022 Kane & Company
 Kane & Company is the DBA for TransactionDrivers LLC, Member: FINRA/SIPC